Jail official calls Muslims ‘pawns of the devil’ and the ‘beast’ that will ‘hunt’ Christians and Jews
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 4/16/20) – The Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today urged Muscatine County, Iowa, Sheriff C.J. Ryan to fire County Jail Administrator Dean Naylor in response to recent revelations that Naylor posted 11,500 word online treatise titled, “End Times — We Are Here!!,” characterizing all Muslims as the “pawns of the devil” and the “beast” that will sometime soon “hunt” all Christians and Jews.
Naylor has also posted on YouTube that he believes such a conflict between Christians, Jews and Muslims will occur between 2016 and 2023, and result in the death of one-third of mankind.
“CAIR calls on Muscatine County Sheriff C.J. Ryan to immediately fire County Jail Administrator Dean Naylor over his publicly-professed anti-Muslim views,” said CAIR Director of Government Affairs Department Robert S. McCaw. “Naylor’s hostility and twisted apocalyptic end-times beliefs directly impacts his ability to impartially ensure the safety, security and religious rights of Muslim inmates.”
McCaw notes that Naylor’s end-times beliefs do not reflect mainstream Christian views but are his own personal interpretations of the Book of Revelation, a chapter of the Bible.
Naylor oversees a 250-bed prison that often houses Muslim inmates. In 2013, a federal lawsuit against Naylor was filed that claimed as jail administrator he denied a Muslim inmate’s request for a Quran.
In his “End Times — We Are Here!!” treatise, Naylor writes:
- “The people following the Muslim faith are nothing more than pawns to the devil … Allah is Satan, no doubt. Christians need to wake up and understand this. The Muslim world is bowing five times a day to the devil and they don’t know it … Islam has 2 billion followers, they hate Jews and Christians (and) they can have a 200-million-man army … Our fellow servants will turn on us and rat us out to the Satanically led Muslims who will be hunting us.”
- “Muslims also do not have any use for Christians. They will attack and kill any ‘infidel’. An ‘infidel’ is anyone who does not believe in Islam or in other words worship ‘Satan.’ This includes both Christians and Jews … Muslims that are currently worshiping Satan and do not realize that they are actually worshiping Satan but they are being influenced now to kill and eradicate all Christians and Jews.”
- “The next thing on the horizon is a world war. This war will kill a third of mankind. That is about 2 billion people … It wouldn’t take long to kill 2 billion people with nuclear weapons. So the war could only take a few days or a year or two. So it could start anytime and probably already has.”
- “Very soon Christians will be faced with a world that is hunting them worldwide and they will not be able to participate in the economy.”
- “The public and governmental acceptance of the gay lifestyle which is an abomination that according to scripture even defiles the land has caused great harm on our nation. Schools not allowing prayer and teaching atheistic views to our children has also caused great harm not to mention removing truths like the Ten Commandments from our courthouses and government offices.”
Following reports of Naylor’s anti-Muslim treatise, the neighboring Johnson County Board of Supervisors sent a letter of concern to their Muscatine County counterparts.
At present, Sheriff C.J. Ryan has declined to take actions stating his: “concern is the actions of my employees, not their personal beliefs. I have no comment on the personal beliefs of Mr. Naylor or any of my other employees.”
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization.
Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote
justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.