(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/30/20) – On Wednesday, July 1, CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad will speak during the online Anti-Hate Zoom Summit hosted by the Muslim Community Association and London Muslim Centre.
The summit is titled, “The Triple Pandemic of Racism, Islamophobia and COVID-19,” and will be streamed Wednesday, July 1, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (BST/UK), 11:30 a.m. ET. It will include an array of speakers to discuss the triple global pandemics the world faces, racism, Islamophobia, and COVID-19.
Zoom Registration: https://bit.ly/2BzEmyW
More information: https://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/Event/anti-hate-zoom-summit-jul-2020
WHAT: The Triple Pandemic of Racism, Islamophobia and COVID-19
WHEN: Wednesday, July 1, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (BST/UK). 11:30 a.m. ET
WHERE: Zoom Registration: https://bit.ly/2BzEmyW
CONTACT: CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, email@example.com; CAIR Communications Coordinator Ayan Ajeen, aAjeen@cair.com
- Nihad Awad: Executive Director and co-founder, Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Kiri Tunks: Teacher, a longstanding campaigner for equalities and a committed trade unionist. She is the Ex-President of the National Education Union.
- Lee Jasper: First Black Deputy Mayor of London and Senior Policy Director for Equalities and Policing (2000-2008)
- Rakin Niass Fetuga: Director of Save Our Boys and founder of Mecca2Medina. Also a performer, poet, RE teacher, and a Life Coach.
- Dr Anas Altikriti: CEO and Founder of The Cordoba Foundation; prominent Anti-War Movement campaigner.
- Musleh Faradhi: President, Muslim Community Association; Lecturer on Islamic Studies.
- Hind Makki: Interfaith and anti-racism educator; instructor at the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding and founder of Side Entrance. Recognized as one of CNN’s 25 Influential American Muslims (2018).
- Dal Babu: Former Chief Superintendent of the Metropolitan Police; Trustee, Medecins Sans Frontieres at MSF UK
- Nadia Ibrahim: Long-standing anti-racist activist, a former National Organizer with Student Stand Up To Racism.
- Annotate: Spoken Word artist, founder Just Rhyme and host of The Outspoken Podcast. Named a FLO poet (2019) by established singer-songwriter, rapper, poet and actress, ‘The Floacist’ Natalie Stewart.
CAIR’s mission is to protect civil rights, enhance understanding of Islam, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.
CONTACT:CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org; CAIR Communications Coordinator Ayan Ajeen, aAjeen@cair.com