(NEW YORK, NY, 3/04/21) – Tomorrow, March 5 at 2 p.m. ET, the NY Muslim Voter Project (MVP) will host a press conference at Masjid At-Taqwa in Brooklyn to announce the launch of a voter registration drive across New York City. At the event, the NY MVP Coalition will also register voters for the upcoming elections.
As part of the campaign kickoff, NY MVP coalition members will be conducting voter registration drives in all boroughs over the weekend.
WHAT: Press Conference Kicking Off NY MVP Voter Registration Campaign & Voter Registration Drive
WHEN: Friday, March 5,2 p.m. ET
WHERE: Masjid At-Taqwa, 1188 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11216
WHO: NY MVP Coalition Members
NY MVP is a non-partisan voter education and civic engagement coalition led by the following organizations:
- African Immigrants Commission of NY & CT
- Council on American-Islamic Relations, New York (CAIR-NY)
- Islamic Circle of North America, New York (ICNA NY)
- Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York (ILCNY)
- Muslim American Society, New York (MAS NY)
- Muslim Ummah of North America (MUNA)
- NY Muslims United for Civic Engagement (NY MUCE)
- South East Queens Muslim Collective, Inc. (SEQMC)
BACKGROUNDER – CAIR-NY: Coalition of NY Muslim Groups Announce NY Muslim Voter Project (NY MVP)
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.