CAIR ACTION ALERT #698:
Action: Help CAIR Distribute Soft-Cover Qurans to Prisons in Time for Ramadan
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/5/13) — CAIR has initiated distribution of soft-cover copies of the Holy Quran to prisons nationwide through our ongoing “Explore the Quran” initiative.
We are seeking sponsors for those Qurans and will make every effort to deliver them to prison libraries before the beginning of Ramadan. Please act today to ensure delivery by the first week of July.
Most prisons require soft covers on any books donated for inmates’ use and Muslim inmates are in desperate need of spiritually-uplifting materials.
As Wisconsin’s Journal Times newspaper noted: “If Racine County Jail inmates need a Bible, they aren’t likely to face the prospect of not having enough to go around. But if you are a Muslim inmate, you’re kind of out of luck when it comes to obtaining a Quran.” (March 17, 2013)
The Muhammad Asad translation offered through CAIR’s “Explore the Quran” campaign is produced by the Book Foundation. This beautiful new edition designed by Ahmed Moustafa includes completely new typography, art and a complete transliteration of the Arabic text. Muhammad Asad’s translation and commentary is widely considered among the best in the English language.
- SPONSOR a copy of the Quran for a prison.
- SEND CAIR contact information for prison chaplains in your area who may wish to receive free copies of the Quran for use by Muslim inmates. Email qurancair.com. (NOTE: We can only send copies of the Quran to prison chaplains, not to individual inmates.)
- DONATE whatever you can to help defray the cost of CAIR’s “Explore the Quran” campaign and our ongoing civil rights work (see below).
Please send this appeal to your friends and family, and post on Facebook, Twitter and other networks.
You can also mail your contribution to: CAIR, 453 New Jersey Ave. S.E., Washington, D.C., 20003.
- CAIR-TX: McKinney Mosque Targeted by Vandals
The local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations is requesting authorities classify the vandalism of a McKinney mosque over the weekend as a hate crime.
- CAIR-St. Louis: Missouri Governor Vetoes Anti-Shariah Bill
“Now that people know the arguments against these laws and what kind of problems they can cause, we’re confident that we can encourage enough legislators to be against the override,” said Faizan Syed, executive director of the St. Louis chapter of the Council of American-Islamic Relations.
- CAIR-FL: Will there be an independent investigation of FBI shooting?
On May 29, the Council on American-Islamic Relations held a press conference at an International Drive hotel to demand a private investigation of last week’s deadly shooting of an Orlando man by an FBI agent.
Thank you for your support and may God bless you.