CAIR ”˜Muslim of the Year’ and ”˜Malcolm X’ awards to be presented at October 28 event
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 10/26/17) – Today may be your last chance to buy tickets for CAIR’s 23rd annual banquet on Saturday, October 28, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Va.
We expect (inshallah) to run out of tickets either today or tomorrow. No tickets will be sold at the door, so register TODAY to reserve your place.
Some banquet highlights:
- At the banquet Masrur Javed Khan, president of the Islamic Society of Greater Houston will receive CAIR’s “Muslim of the Year Award” for his leadership in hurricane relief efforts.
- Former Standing Rock Tribal Chairman David Archambault II will receive CAIR’s “Malcolm X Award” for leadership in the Native-American community’s spiritual and environmental opposition to the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Attendees will hear from the surviving hero and from relatives of the two men who gave their lives in defense of others in Oregon.
- Banquet attendees will also join CAIR in honoring pioneering diplomat, researcher, scholar, and teacher Dr. Sulayman S. Nyang, who will receive CAIR’s “Lifetime Achievement Award.”
TO REGISTER, GO TO: https://www.cair.com/banquet/
With the theme “Living Our Faith: Defending Freedom,” CAIR’s banquet will feature a number of nationally-known speakers and awardees, including:
- Imam Suhaib Webb
- Arizona U.S. Senate Candidate Deedra Abboud
- Azhar Azeez, President of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
- Comedian Jeremy McLellan
Individual tickets cost $65.
Reserve a Table(s) of 10: