CAIR Presidential Election Survey
As-salaamu alaykum: (peace be with you)
ACTION REQUESTED: The American Muslim Task Force on Civil Rights and
Elections (AMT), an umbrella organization made up of 10 national Islamic
groups, will meet Sunday, October 17th to determine whether or not to issue
a presidential endorsement.
To help in that decision-making process, please take a minute to answer the
7 questions in the survey below. (All responses are confidential. NOTE: As
a tax-exempt organization, CAIR does not endorse candidates, but does
encourage voter registration and voting.)
PLEASE RESPOND BY NOON (E) ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15.
May Allah bless you for your time and effort.
MAIL: CAIR Survey, 453 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C., 20003
1. Are you Muslim?
2. Do you plan to vote in the November presidential election?
___ Not sure
3. If you were to vote today, which presidential candidate would you most
likely vote for?
___ George Bush
___ John Kerry
___ Ralph Nader
___ Michael Badnarik
___ Not sure
___ Other – Specify: ________________
4. Which issue is most important to you in determining who to vote for in
the presidential election? __________________________
5. How important were the presidential debates in your choice of a
___ Very important
___ Somewhat important
___ Not important
___ No opinion
6. Which political party most closely reflects your views?
___ Republican Party
___ Democratic Party
___ Green Party
___ Reform Party
___ None of the above
___ Other – Specify: _______________
7. In which state do you live? ________
PLEASE FORWARD A BLANK COPY OF THIS SURVEY TO FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES.