Develop key skills at CAIR’s April 25-27 training conference
Online registration is now available for CAIR’s Fourth Annual Leadership Training Conference scheduled for Friday, April 25, to Sunday, April 27 in Washington, D.C. SEE: http://www.cair-net.org/conference
This year’s conference, headlined “A ROADMAP FOR SUCCESS: VISION AND ACTION”, is designed to address the social and political situation currently facing American Muslims in this time of crisis and conflict. The conference features intensive workshops on media relations, lobbying, civil rights advocacy, defending Islam and the Prophet Muhammad, coalition building, and political empowerment.
Workshop presenters include Muslim congressional staffers, professional leadership trainers, representatives of national civil liberties advocacy organizations, media representatives, and CAIR experts. One not-to-be-missed workshop will offer a critical assessment of Muslim groups, leaders and institutions based on their reaction to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Examples of other conference workshops include:
- This session will focus on how to prepare for a crisis before it hits, how to write a news release, how to conduct a news conference, and learning the “dos and don’ts” of interviewing.
- Many organizations have developed tools to help local communities introduce and pass resolutions opposing civil liberties violations resulting from implementation of the USA Patriot Act and from the anticipated Patriot Act II. This workshop will offer guidance on how to introduce a resolution supporting civil rights in your community.
- Many communities miss opportunities to start or expand projects due to lack of funding. Learn how to approach and get funds from different corporations and institutions.
- Learn how to defend Islam and the Prophet Muhammad from the rising tide of Islamophobic rhetoric in our society. The workshop will examine the most common attacks and the best responses to offer.
Other workshops and lectures will focus on:
- CREATING A MUSLIM VOTER BLOCK FOR THE 2004 ELECTIONS
- NEW POST 9-11 REALITIES FOR THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY
- CIVIL RIGHTS LESSONS FROM THE PAST AND PRESENT
The conference will also include a Saturday night banquet with national Muslim leaders.
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED: (Seating is limited. Last year’s conference was sold out.)
1) Go to http://www.cair-net.org/conference to register online.
2) Registration materials may also be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference cost: $129/person for 3 days, $119/person for 2-5 individuals in a group for 3 days, $99/person for Sat. & Sun. programs only. Fees cover 3 meals per day and conference materials.
3) Become a conference volunteer by emailing email@example.com.
CONFERENCE LOCATION: Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner, 8661 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182 Tel: 703-448-1234 . Hotel rates: $89/night single/double occupancy. Make sure to ask for the “CAIR Conference Rate.” (Limited vending available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)