Largest-ever rally for Palestine
On Saturday, April 20, thousands of concerned Americans will gather in Washington, D.C., on the White House Ellipse to protest Israel’s brutal attacks on Palestinian civilians and to call on our government to adopt a Mideast policy that is based on justice and on American, not Israeli interests. It is essential Muslims and people other faith turn out to make our voices heard on this important issue and to counter the disinformation being put out by the pro-Israel lobby. Organizers expect this to be the largest-ever rally in support of Palestine in the United States.
“It is our duty to show our solidarity with the suffering Muslims and Christians of Palestine,” said CAIR Board Chairman Omar Ahmad.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do it, then he should do it with his tongue; and if he has not strength enough to do it, (even) then he should (abhor it) from his heart and that is the least of faith.” Sahih Muslim, Hadith 16
WHEN: Saturday, April 20, 11 a.m.
WHERE: The White House Ellipse (South side of the White House, 16th and Constitution N.W.)
DOWNLOAD A FLYER FOR THE RALLY AT: http://www.internationalanswer.org/a20.pdf
FOR INFORMATION ON GETTING TO WASHINGTON, GO TO: http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/april/logistics.html
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED:
1) Plan to attend the rally.
2) Inform your friends, neighbors and colleagues about the rally and encourage them to attend.
3) Distribute this alert to your personal e-mail list and ask that recipients do the same.
4) Organize bus or car caravans from your community to the rally.
5) Distribute this alert at local mosques and community centers following Friday prayers.
6) Make Du’ah for the Palestinian people suffering under Israeli occupation.
THERE WILL BE A SIMULTANEOUS RALLY FOR PALESTINE IN SAN FRANCISCO, SEE: http://www.internationalanswer.org/campaigns/april/logistics.html