Did you miss out on the 6th annual National Muslim Advocacy Week on Capitol Hill?
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/25/21) — Join the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO) by sending a message to your members of Congress that supports the American Muslim policy agenda.
TAKE ACTION, SEND A MESSAGE TO CONGRESS:
From June 21 – 24, more than 500 American Muslims from 28 states met virtually with their members of Congress to discuss the pressing issues affecting American Muslims, including:
• Supporting the Senate advancement of the House adopted NO BAN Act, Dream and Promise Act, For the People Act, and George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
• Creating a State Department Islamophobia envoy position to combat hate.
• Recapturing diversity visas lost due to the Muslim and African Ban.
• Supporting human rights overseas, including urging Congress to hold the Israeli government accountable for war crimes committed against the Palestinian people with U.S.-taxpayer support.
Join us today in contacting your U.S. Representative and Senators to urge them to support the policy demands of the American Muslim community.
Message to Congress:
Dear [Elected Official]:
I write to request that your office supports the policy agenda of the 6th Annual National Muslim Congressional Advocacy Week, which took place from June 21 – 24.
More than 500 American Muslims from 28 states met virtually with their members of Congress to discuss the pressing issues affecting American Muslims, including:
1. Support for the Defending the Human Rights of Palestinian Children and Families Living Under Israeli Military Occupation Act.” (H.R. 2590)
2. Support for the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (H.R.1155 / S.65)
3. Support the COINTELPRO Full Disclosure Act (H.R. 2998), and the freeing of falsely convicted Imam Jamil Al-Amin, formerly H. Rap Brown
4. Co-Sponsorship of the Combatting International Islamophobia Act (Bill Number Pending – Contact Rep. Ilhan Omar’s office: Ryan. Morgan@mail.house.gov)
5. Recapture of Diversity Visas Lost Due to the Muslim, African, and COVID-19 Bans by Supporting the Keeping Our Promise Act (H.R. 3548)
6. Support the Senate the Advancement of the House Adopted ‘For the People Act,’ (H.R.1 /S.1) ‘Dream and Promise Act, (H.R. 6)’ ‘NO BAN Act, (H.R. 1333 / S.1891)’ and ‘George Floyd Justice in Policing Act (H.R.1280)’
Please support these and other issues important to the American Muslim community. For more information, please contact USCMO Muslim Advocacy Week Steering Committee Chair Robert McCaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAIR’s mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.
Become a Fan of CAIR on Facebook
Subscribe to CAIR’s Email List
Subscribe to CAIR’s Twitter Feed
Subscribe to CAIR’s YouTube Channel
Follow CAIR on Instagram
Donate to CAIR
Do you like reading CAIR press releases and taking part in our action alerts? You can help contribute to CAIR’s work of defending civil rights and empowering American Muslims across the country by making a one-time contribution or becoming a monthly donor. Supporters like you make CAIR’s advocacy work possible and defeating Islamophobia an achievable goal. Click here to donate to CAIR.
To opt-out of future mailings, email: email@example.com, CC firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT: Ahmed Mohamed, CAIR-NY Legal Director, 646-481-2103, email@example.com; CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org