- On Saturday, June 5, the Virginia Council of Muslim Organizations is encouraging Muslim community members to attend their local mosque for Dhuhr prayer (early afternoon prayer), have lunch and go vote with other Muslims.
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/2/21) — The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, is urging all eligible voters to participate in the Virginia State Primary Election to be held Tuesday, June 8.
Last day of in-person absentee voting at your local registrar’s office: Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 5 p.m.
VOTE EARLY WITH MUSLIMS ON SATURDAY: On June 5, the Virginia Council of Muslim Organizations is encouraging Muslim community members to attend their local mosque for Dhuhr prayer (early afternoon prayer), have lunch and go vote together with other Muslims.
SEE: Virginia Primary Election
To be ready to vote, please make note of the following important dates and voter resources:
- In order to vote in the June 8, primary election, you must have registered by May 28.
- To look up your voter information and check your status, call the Virginia Department of Elections at 1-800-552-9745, or GO TO: https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation
- To find your Polling Place, GO TO: https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation/PollingPlaceLookup
To vote in person in Virginia you must present valid photo identification, and can use any one of the following:
- Valid Virginia driver’s license
- Valid United States passport
- Any other photo identification card issued by a government agency of the Commonwealth, one of its political subdivisions, or the United States
- Valid student identification card containing a photograph of the voter issued by any institution of higher education located in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Any valid employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
Need a photo ID? If you don’t have an ID, simply go to your nearest voter registration office to get a free Voter Photo ID, even on Election Day! You will be required to complete an Virginia Voter Photo Identification Card Application (English | Spanish), have your photo taken and to sign a digital signature pad. The Virginia Voter Photo ID card is valid for voting purposes only.
Forgot your ID? If you get to your polling place without acceptable photo ID, you can vote a provisional ballot. You will be given instructions on what to do so your vote can count.
If you believe your voting rights have been violated, please contact the Council on American-Islamic Relations at (202) 488-8787 or firstname.lastname@example.org and the Virginia Department of Elections at 1-800-552-9745 or email@example.com.
CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
La misión de CAIR es proteger las libertades civiles, mejorar la comprensión del Islam, promover la justicia, y empoderar a los musulmanes en los Estados Unidos.
Become a Fan of CAIR on Facebook
Subscribe to CAIR’s Email List
Subscribe to CAIR’s Twitter Feed
Subscribe to CAIR’s YouTube Channel
Follow CAIR on Instagram
Donate to CAIR
Do you like reading CAIR press releases and taking part in our action alerts? You can help contribute to CAIR’s work of defending civil rights and empowering American Muslims across the country by making a one-time contribution or becoming a monthly donor. Supporters like you make CAIR’s advocacy work possible and defeating Islamophobia an achievable goal. Click here to donate to CAIR.