(SANTA CLARA, CA, 08/20/19) Today, the San Francisco Bay Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-SFBA) announced continuing events across the San Francisco Bay Area to celebrate the fourth anniversary of the passage of House Resolution 59, which proclaimed August “Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month” in California. The celebration comes at a time of increased anti-Muslim rhetoric sweeping the nation, and perpetuated by Trump’s administration.
WHO: American Muslims across the San Francisco Bay Area and allies, local mayors, County supervisors, and city council members
WHAT: Community events with local elected officials to celebrate the fourth anniversary “Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month” during which proclamations will be presented.
- Tuesday, August 20, 7pm, Dublin City Hall, 100 Civic Plaza, Dublin
- Friday, August 23, 2:15pm, Masjidul Waritheen, 1700 47th Ave., Oakland
- Monday, August 26, 7pm, Redwood City Hall, 1017 Middlefield Rd., Redwood City
- Tuesday, August 27, 12pm, Santa Cruz City Hall, 809 Center St., Santa Cruz
- Tuesday, August 27, 6pm, San Jose City Hall, 200 E Santa Clara St., San Jose
- Tuesday, August 27, 7pm, Santa Clara City Hall, 1500 Warburton Ave., Santa Clara
- Tuesday, August 27, 7pm, San Ramon City Hall, 7000 Bollinger Canyon Rd., San Ramon
CAIR-SFBA is an office of CAIR, America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice and empower American Muslims.
CONTACT: CAIR-SFBA Executive Director Zahra Billoo, 626.252.0885, firstname.lastname@example.org