(WASHINGTON, D.C., 12/4/17) — On Tuesday, December 5, a coalition of American Muslim, Arab-American, human rights, and Interfaith groups will hold a news conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., to demand that President Trump not alter the status of Jerusalem that has been maintained by past administrations.
Trump may soon alter previous policy on the holy city by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, a move that could harm America’s role the Mideast peace process.
WHAT: Coalition Holds News Conference on Maintaining Status of Jerusalem
WHEN: Tuesday, December 5, Noon
WHERE: National Press Club, Bloomberg Room, 529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045
MEDIA CONTACT: Dr. Osama Abuirshaid, National Policy Director, American Muslims for Palestine, 571-276-6030, email@example.com
News Conference Participants Include:
- American Muslims for Palestine
- Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Jerusalem Fund/Palestine Center
- Virginia Coalition for Human Rights
- Freedom 2 Boycott in Maryland Coalition
- Islamic Circle of North America
- US Council of Muslim Organizations
- Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation
- Imam Johari Abdul-Malik