As-salaamu alaykum (peace be to you):
CAIR has pushed back against the rising tide of hate targeting American Muslims and other minority groups. We need your support on #GivingTuesday — the global day of giving for justice and mutual understanding — to help us continue and expand CAIR’s defense of you, your family and our community.
In the past year, CAIR has:
- Defended Civil Rights
- won a major legal victory challenging the constitutionality of the discriminatory terror watch list
- dealt with almost 5,000 civil rights cases reported to our civil rights attorneys
- launched a CAIR app through which victims of discrimination may file reports
- Challenged Islamophobia
- launched the Islamophobia.org website to monitor the “Islamophobia industry”
- helped defeat anti-Islam bills introduced in state legislatures
- organized a national response to anti-Muslim rallies around the country sponsored by a notorious hate group and its white supremacist supporters.
- Empowered American Muslims
- conducted Muslim voter mobilization and “get-out-the-vote” drives
- helped bring hundreds of Muslim activists from around the nation to Washington, D.C., to lobby their elected representatives
- added a number of new chapters to serve local communities
Please donate generously to CAIR this #GivingTuesday to help us reach our goal of $250,000. Every donation helps.
Contributions to CAIR are both tax-deductible and zakat-eligible.
Consider giving $30, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, or whatever you can. We appreciate any contribution you give. Monthly donations are best.
Take a minute to show your support for our work by going to www.cair.com to contribute. We also accept donations using PayPal, or you may mail your contribution to: CAIR, 453 New Jersey Ave. S.E., Washington, D.C., 20003.
This is the time to support CAIR.
Do your part and forward this message to you friends and family to ask that they also support CAIR.
May God bless you and your family.
National Executive Director
P.S. — Please send this appeal to your friends and family, and post on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. Remember: CAIR is a 100% tax-deductible (Tax ID Number 77-0646756) and zakat-eligible nonprofit organization.